Healing Garden Volunteer Maintenance
September 4 @ 9:00 am - 11:00 am
Join us Wednesday September 4th at 9:00am to help keep the Healing Garden beautiful! The Garden is in need of some minor maintenance and we need 10-15 people to help with some projects. These include: Planting some newly received flowers and removing some recent graffiti, but also the following items:
- Pick up and remove trash and litter in the garden, parking lot, and surrounding lots and road media.
- Look for and report anything broken or out of place (tree branches, irrigation lines, lights)
- Weeding of grasses or invasive plants
- Small pruning of individual bushes and overgrown plants
- Cleanup and organization of personal items on trees
- Making sure ribbons, wire, zip ties, etc, are not damaging tree branches
- Raking or sweeping of gravel, mulch, debris to keep parking lot, paths, and sidewalks clean
- Cleaning gum and debris off of sidewalk
- Wiping down, dusting, or cleaning parking barriers, railings or other items
Get Outdoors Nevada will provide all tools and cold water.
Suggested Clothing: Closed-toe shoes, Long pants, Long-sleeve shirt, Wide-brim hat, Work gloves
What to Bring: Water bottle, Sunscreen, Snacks for yourself